Ibushi -Gin Smoker
- Buy now - Pay later with Klarna
- Free Shipping From €60 NL & starting at €100 EU*
- Return & Exchange 30 Days policy, no fuss
- Shop Tax Free Entrepreneurs* & non EU residents
- Gift Wrapping Leave us a note & we’ll wrap it up
After you get your routine up with working with this Donabe smoker, you will be serving your guests deliciously smoked foods in only 35 minutes. Smoking fish or cheese yourself has...
After you get your routine up with working with this Donabe smoker, you will be serving your guests deliciously smoked foods in only 35 minutes. Smoking fish or cheese yourself has never been so easy.
Donabe Smoker Basic Smoking Steps
Each Donabe Smoker Recipe follows 6 steps.
1. Prep the Smoker Donabe.
2. Cut your ingredients into 2.5 cm cuts and season with salt and pepper. Pat dry to remove excess moisture.
3. Set the grates inside the smoker and place ingredients on each grate before adding the next.
4. Set the donabe smoker over high heat. Smoke from the wood chips should release after 7-8 minutes, then cover with the lid.
5. Fill the reservoir in the rim with water, smoke over high heat for 5-6 minutes, then turn of the heat.
6. Let rest undisturbed for 20 minutes. Uncover and dig in.
It will probably take a couple of rounds to understand the cooking times for various different foods.
The details behind the Donabe Smoker:
The Ibushi-Gin traps heat and smoke inside the donabe, and so releasing only minimal or no smoke at all. This means you can easily smoke foods indoors and serve straight out of the donabe. The glaze of the Donabe Smoker promotes a so called Far Infrared Ray effect (or FIR - a similar effect how glowing charcoal cooks ingredients without direct contact with a flame).
The Ibushi-Gin Donabe Smoker has a thick round body with extra space for smoke circulation. Its base is a bowl and lid with no holes. The rim of the bowl has a reservoir, so when you place the lid on the base and fill this reservoir with water, you actually create a water seal and trap the smoke inside.
The Donabe Smoker comes with three tiers or metal grates that creates three levels inside the smoker. You place smoke chips on the bottom and your ingredients on the grates, cover and set the donabe pot over high heat.
Your smoking time takes 12-15 minutes, followed by 20 minutes resting time. You may want to experiment cooking times depending on the (thickness) of the produce, but in 35 minutes you can have a fantastic smoked dish ready.
Some easy donabe recipe inspiration for your Donabe Smoker.
Easy Smoker Donabe Recipes are found in Moore’s Donabe Cookbook (link), such as smoked camembert and nuts, smoked sausages and a Smoked Chicken Salad.
Donabe Smoker Specifications:
The Ibushi-Gin Donabe Smoker includes:
- Donabe Smoker (Bowl and Lid)
- Three Metal Grates
- Ceramic Trivet
Measures 27cm D x 20cm high
Capacity: 2400 ml
Packed in Carton Box
(Additional Information tabs shows shipping dimensions.
Not included: Wood Chips (link)
Usage and Care:
For gas stove top use and oven safe up to 250C, not suitable for microwave, electric or induction cooktop.
No need to be seasoned first; use directly as intended
This Donabe Smoker can also be used for other cooking methods. When not using it as a smoker, please consider the following: As the lid does not have holes, smoke released is trapped inside the donabe. This may not be desirable when your intention is not smoking.
Following EU regulations, from July 1st 2021 online shops must charge customers the VAT % from their home country.
All prices are shown including 21% (NL VAT rate); if your country’s VAT rate different, the prices will change accordingly during checkout.
Postalco One Year Wall Calendar €20
- will be €19,67 for a customer from Germany, as the German VAT rate is 19%
- will be €20,67 for a customer from Denmark, as the Danish VAT rate is 25%
For US & UK residents; the prices will be shown in your local currency and excluding VAT.
For all other non EU residents:
Prices are shown in € and including VAT. VAT will automatically be deducted during checkout based on your shipping address.
- Deduction (other than $/£) only happens after your shipping address has been filled out.
- Do not use any of the Express Checkout buttons in the cart (Paypal, Apple Pay or Shop Pay):
This skips the checkout process & therefor the VAT cannot be deducted by the system.
IMPORT FEES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER.
About Don Abe
We’re proud to carry this brand and present it to our customers in the Netherlands and internationally via our shop online.
To see this brand in person, please visit our store in Amsterdam.
What people say about us